Change is one of the few certainties of life
Change is often met with fear and resistance. Yet organisations have to change to adapt, improve and prepare for the future. With public sector cuts on the horizon and today’s business environment, the pace of change is accelerating and effective change management has never been so important.
We provide support throughout a transformation advising across the lifecycle of change, from formalisation of strategy through shaping and mobilisation of programmes to the delivery and realisation of benefits. The nature of our involvement can vary and is tailored to suit your needs. We may take an extended programme management role or simply provide a short project review. Support can be provided for just a few days or over a longer period, for example taking an interim position.
We recognise that each of our clients situations is virtually always complex and frequently ambigious, and we work with them in that state of uncertainty and flux. We are honest and tell clients that we can’t take away the difficulty of their situation but that together we will work with the reality of what is happening to help them achieve their goals. We hope to be true partners, sharing in your challenges and being as passionate as you in helping to make your organisation stronger and more successful.
Maximising the benefits of change initiatives
Resistance to change is natural and it is much easier to say no. The very solidity of habits, processes and structures – when they’re competitive and productive – can help strengthen an organisation. But when an organisation’s current state impedes its ability to serve the customer, to innovate for the future, or to capitalise on a new initiative, change must happen, and fast.
The planning of a major programme of change is crucial to its success; the consideration of all possible ramifications to a proposed initiative, the development of a plan for information and re-education, and a map for ongoing monitoring of the new environment.
- Change management programmes must take a holistic view across all dimensions of the business so people, processes and systems are aligned in an integrated and cohesive way
- Change depends on being able to effectively engage all of those who are required to change
- Change readiness is key. You must identify the critical outcomes of change, the key measures of success and establish strong readiness plans to help your business prepare and implement change
- Change communications must be consistent, appropriate and timely
- Changes must be structured, visible and balanced
- Change is about understanding people, being honest and respecting others
We believe effective change management is best driven by people in the organisation undergoing the change, supported where necessary. We can provide you with the experience and support it needs throughout the change process and help you manage and implement your change initiatives smoothly and successfully so although change may be inevitable, it need not be feared.
- Provide an experienced change manager or change programme director, with a track record of delivering successful change.
- Act as a catalyst to accelerate results from current initiatives.
- Carry out an objective health-check identifying opportunities for further improvement on current practice.
- Create and implement innovative solutions, at a time when people are beginning to run short of fresh ideas.
- Provide a cost effective short-term resource to transfer knowledge or skills, without any long-term headcount, or payroll implications.
- Use our skills in project management to ensure an important programme is delivered on time and to budget.
- Identify and implement best practice from a wider experience base than exists internally.
- Provide an additional resource in large-scale transformation programmes where more resource is required than internally available.